Try these 5 Meal Prep Breakfast ideas – Time is in short supply in the mornings when you’re scrambling to get out of the door on time, and the last thing you need to worry about is what you are going to have for breakfast. This is where meal prepping can be advantageous. Here are five meal prep breakfast ideas you can prepare ahead of time!
- Baked Oatmeal – This dish is particularly delicious when it is prepared in a slow cooker. Scientific research has shown that eating oatmeal regularly can lower your cholesterol, and it offers an excellent source of fiber.
- Frozen Fruit Smoothies – Green and fruit smoothies have become increasingly popular because they taste delicious, and they offer a unique method of obtaining your daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Add ice to your smoothie to make it cold, or use yogurt or a banana to give it a creamy texture similar to a milkshake.
- Homemade Granola Bars – These bars offer all of the nutritional value of oats – in a convenient bar form! As an added bonus, their sugar content is much lower than that of their store bought cousins.
- Breakfast Pizza – Create your own delicious and nutritious breakfast pizza with a whole grain English muffin, two thick slice of turkey bacon, melted mozzarella cheese, and a slice of tomato. Make these ahead of time and put them in the freezer to keep them fresh until you’re ready to eat one.
- Breakfast Burritos – Prep your breakfast ahead of time by filling a tortilla with your favorite breakfast foods and freezing it until it is needed. There are an endless variety of ingredients you can use (We like turkey sausage, sweet red peppers, onion, scrambled eggs, and cheese!), so don’t be afraid to experiment to find out what your taste buds like best!