Benefits of Eating Asparagus!
Asparagus is the perfect vegetable for meal prep due to the health benefits associated with it and the fact that it can last for up to 5 days after being cooked. One cup of raw asparagus has the following:
- 27 calories
- 0 grams of fat
- Only 5 grams of carbohydrate
- 3 grams of sugar
- 3 grams of fiber
- 3 grams of protein
- 70% of your daily vitamin K
- 20% of vitamin A
- 17% of folate
- 16% of iron
- 13% of vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
Baked Asparagus with Garlic and Lemon Recipe
1 bunch of Asparagus spears
2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 – 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus into baking pan, and add olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Mix the spears and ingredients together until spears are nicely coated.
- Bake in oven until spears are tender, (usually 10 to 15 minutes depending on size of spears).
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice once done.