Have you thought about meal prepping before, but just haven’t found the motivation to get started yet? Is it on your “maybe” list? If you need a little inspiration to get involved with this fabulous practice, read on to discover the top 7 benefits of meal prepping!
- It is an excellent investment in your health. Many people have lost weight, lowered their blood pressure and cholesterol, and built muscle through meal prepping.
- It saves time. With meal prepping, there’s no more standing in front of the fridge forever trying to decide what to cook for dinner tonight.
- It saves money. Last minute trips to the supermarket for last minute ingredients for tonight’s dinner can quickly add up.
- It eliminates stress. When you get off of work, you have a limited amount of time to get home, cook, and get supper on the table. If you have a meal plan, all of these elements are taken care of ahead of time – reducing the amount of stress you have to deal with.
- It helps you avoid making unhealthy dietary choices. How often have you decided just to go through the fast food drive thru instead of preparing a healthy, home cooked meal because you’re tired? If you’re meals are prepared in advance, you don’t have to worry about it.
- It makes grocery shopping easier. When it comes to shopping for groceries, meal planning enables you to stay organized. All of the ingredients you need for the week ahead can be purchased in a single trip to the supermarket.
- There’s no more having to listen to “Mooom, what’s for dinner?” – Create your meal plan on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis, and you can post it for all of your family to see. When you hear this question, simply point to your sign.
Visit Meal Prep Recipes for new recipe ideas! Share your ideas in the comments section below.