If you are searching for healthy meal prep ideas, then you’ve come to the right place! Here is a look at our top 5 favorite healthy meal prep ideas!
- Snacking Veggies – We’re big fans of cucumbers, snap peas, broccoli, and carrots. They taste especially delicious with a yogurt ranch dip or hummus.
- Breakfast Foods – There are hundreds of different, delicious breakfast options that you can prepare ahead of time. Just a few of our favorites include preparing oatmeal in the slow cooker, breakfast bars made with quinoa, sweet potato cranberry cottage cheese muffins, and the ever popular breakfast burrito.
- Whole Grains – It’s quite simple to cook up a batch of your favorite grains to have on hand. Grains can easily be added to any meal during the week. Some of the most popular grain options include quinoa, brown rice, farro, and wheatberries. You also have the option of cooking your own tortillas and artisan bread to use in burritos and sandwiches.
- Salad Greens – In our experience, having fresh salad greens washed and prepared greatly increases our chances that we’ll have a salad with dinner each night. Kale, spinach, and leaf lettuce are a few of our favorites. To prepare your salad greens, cut them, make sure they are washed well, and then store them in a Ziploc bag with a paper towel (to absorb extra moisture).
- Roasted Veggies – Last but not least, consider wrapping a few potatoes in aluminum foil and baking them in your oven. If you aren’t a huge fan of potatoes, you also cut up a big serving of your favorite vegetables and roast them up in a pan. For extra flavor, try roasting them with a little bacon. They make great side dishes and snacks.
Also, feel free to check out our Healthy Meal Prep Recipes. We have plenty to choose from!
Did you order your Meal Prep Containers yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Let’s get prepping!