If you asked two different people what their favorite meal prep food items are, they would give you two different lists. Today, we’ve decided to share our top 5 favorite meal prep food items. Do you think we’ve something is missing from the list? Tell us what your personal favorites are in the comments section below!
- Snacking Veggies – Raw vegetables make an excellent snack. They are simple to prep ahead of time, and you can enjoy them at any time throughout the day. We are particularly fond of pairing hummus with cucumbers, snap peas, peppers, broccoli, and carrots.
- Whole Grains – It is so simple to prepare a big batch of your favorite grain to have on hand throughout the week. Prep it on Sunday and add it to your meals during the week. A few of our favorite whole grains include wheat berries, quinoa, and brown rice.
- Lean Protein – If you love to eat meat, why not cook some of your meat ahead of time for less weeknight meal prep? We personally recommend veggie burgers, meatloaf, salmon, and chicken. You can grill or bake them. Don’t forget to switch it up for extra variety.
- Legumes & Beans – It’s a great idea to add some plant based protein to your diet. Try buying a bag of your favorite dried beans, cooking the whole bag at one time, and then freezing the extra. Legumes and beans can easily be added to a casserole or salads to boost the protein content.
- Soup – Soup is an excellent way to pack a ton of vitamins and nutrients into one simple meal. Choose a low sodium broth. Add a lot of veggies. Add some protein, and if you feel like it, add some whole grains. Voila! You have a delicious and nutritious meal.