When it comes to eating healthy, preparation is the key to success. Meal prep ideas will enable you to save both time and money. Here are our top 5 meal prep ideas to get you started:
- Season meat three different ways using just one pan. Eating lean meats cooked the same way over and over can get boring. Save time (and your taste buds!) by creating two or three different variations of the same meat by using aluminum foil dividers in your pan.
- Roast different veggies with the same cooking time. Waiting 30 to 40 minutes for each pan of vegetables to cook is tedious and time consuming. To save time, try pairing vegetables together based on their cooking time. Examples of fast cooking vegetables include cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and asparagus. Examples of fast cooking vegetables include parsnips, potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- Make your portions clear cut. Prevent overeating by portioning your healthy snacks into containers, portable jars, or plastic baggies. If you have an entire bag sitting in front of you, it’s too easy to engage in mindless snacking. Having your snacks pre-portioned will prevent you from going overboard.
- Always keep protein rich snacks on hand. After a tough workout, protein is an essential ingredient for muscle recovery. Instead of eating a prepackaged protein bar that could have up to 400 calories, try making your own. Most can be stored in your fridge for up to a week.
- Make healthy oatmeal jars. Finally, oatmeal is a great food for keeping you full until lunchtime, but most packaged oatmeal has a high sugar content and unnatural preservatives. If you follow the DIY track and utilize portable glass jars, you’ll be able to control exactly how much and what you are eating. With many different genius flavor combinations to choose from, your taste buds are guaranteed to be satisfied too.